To think I finally got around to fall decorating just yesterday - it was quickly tackled since I work best under the gun.
My mother made spur of the moment plans to visit us for Thanksgiving and my husband informed me that he was bringing a colleague over for dinner last night. So, I:
- quickly put a wreath together and hung it on the front door
- waded through my holiday decorations in the attic and came up with mantle decor
- arranged five small pumpkins on the front porch
- filled a bowl with gourds from Sam's Club (stored for the last three weeks on the counter in my laundry room)
- sprayed Bath and Body Works "Cinnamon Clove Buds" throughout the house
This decorating experience accounted for about 20 minutes of my life yesterday. It's a good thing it was short and sweet, considering I will need to change my motif in about 3 weeks . . . It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
"The place, with its gray sky and withered garlands, its bared spaces and scattered dead leaves, was like a theater after the performance--all strewn with crumpled playbills." - Henry James, The Turn of the Screw